As of 2014, we have pledged to decrease our plastic waste & rubbish destined for land fill.
The first clothing manufacturer to implement biodegradable plastic packaging for all our items produced.
No Waste Manufacturing
Any fabric cut offs are not put to waste – we either donate the extra to local sewers to make extra products.
Our Ethical Mission & Sustainable Practices Guide
“How people treat other people is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves.” -Paulo Coelho
How we look after our staff:
- Any member of staff that has held their position of 12 months is invited to our superannuation, health care & life insurance program. We have partnered with one of the best firms available in Indonesia -www.prudential.co.id
- Once a member, our staff receives private hospital cover, a retirement fund begins accruing as well as full life insurance. The cost of this is completely subsidized by Yogi & Boo and to this date we are yet to discover another clothing factory in Bali to provide this for their workers however we hope for many more to come.
- We provide 2 weeks full pay leave and infinite full pay sick leave. We believe if you’re sick, it’s the worst time to not have a pay slip come in. We also provide three months fully paid maternity leave as standard procedure.
- We comply and exceed all government salary & working hour laws (we only work 40 hours per week)
- We offer no-interest micro-financing to all our staff to help them reach their goals & dreams. Most seek finance to purchase sewing machines for their homes in order to increase their monthly pay packet.
- We provide a profit sharing scheme to all our staff, where 5% of profits are distributed yearly and this is on top of New Years bonus and their holiday bonus of double pay.
The Work Environment:
- Our factory is constantly being improved with one of our biggest being completed this year. We have introduced more natural lighting & slowly replacing tiring fluorescent bulbs with Daylight LEDs.
- Our in house digital printing department is the highly sustainable with zero effluent waste water and no chemical run off.
- High power exhaust fans expel fabric dust from the factory floor and in our main cutting room low-watt Air conditioning is installed.
- Our factory is constantly cleaned through out the day to make it one of Bali’s cleanest clothing factory.
- Clean western toilets are installed and antibacterial gel dispensers dotted around the facility.